Frequently Asked Questions
What is CBD?
The Endocannabinoid system is a biological system made up of endocannabinoids, receptors, and enzymes, that are naturally occurring in the body, already. Cannabidiol supplements such as CBD can help regulate a variety of functions in the human body, including sleep, mood, memory, appetite, focus, and inflammation.
Broad-Spectrum CBD contains the entire spectrum of cannabinoids in the hemp strain, EXCEPT for the THC compound. This compound is 100% REMOVED after the initial extraction. There are no psychoactive properties in CBD Broad-Spectrum.
Full-Spectrum is another form of CBD extraction, which utilizes the entire hemp plant, including traces of THC. Full-Spectrum CBD contains all the phytochemicals naturally found in the plant, including CBD, trace cannabinoids, terpenes, and a negligible amount of THC – below 0.3% which makes it completely legal to use.
CBD has been studied for its many potential therapeutic properties. The results have been promising for many conditions. CBD supplements work to improve daily functioning and help the body reach its full health potential.
The main difference between the two is the amount of cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that each plant is legally allowed to contain. Hemp extracts by law must contain less than 0.3% THC.
Yes, CBD is legal in all 50 US states, as well as other countries around the globe! However, you MUST be 18 years old or older to purchase.
Production and details of our products
All our organic hemp is sourced from local farms in Colorado. From seed to sale, we work with our farmers to produce the highest quality hemp possible for our products.
We utilize the Ethanol & CO2 extraction methods which provide us with the highest CBD purity and potency possible. These are industry leading methods for creating CBD extracts.
The shelf life varies slightly depending on the product, please see products listed below.
- Our CBD Oils are good for 14 months to 2 years depending on how the product is stored – Keep oil out of direct sunlight and away from intense heat, as these can cause your oil to go bad before the expiration date.
- Our CBD Wax has a great shelf life especially when they are stored properly in a dark, cool place (like a cupboard) the wax lasts for 14-24 months (about 2 years).
- Our CBD Gummies are good for 6 months to a year – we recommend keeping your gummies in a cool spot even the fridge to extend their shelf life.
CBD Gummies are an ingestible form of CBD supplements. Our gummies contain Broad-Spectrum CBD. Each Hemp Heart CBD Gummies jar contains 60 gummies. Gummies are an efficient way to get CBD into the endocannabinoid system, as it effectively works through the lining of the stomach into the bloodstream. This is a quick option for someone on the go!
Our CBD Gummies are good for 12 months to 18 months – we recommend keeping your gummies in a cool spot, even a refrigerator, to extend their shelf life.
Our serving suggestion is 2 gummies, or 20mg of CBD (Each gummy contains 10mg of CBD).
Our CBD Oils are good for 14 months to 2 years depending on how the product is stored – keep oil out of direct sunlight and away from intense heat, these can cause your oil to go bad before the expiration date.
CBD Oil is a simple and most effective way to get CBD into the Endocannabinoid system. CBD in this form metabolizes quicker than most and can deliver health benefits faster.
- Unscrew the bottle dropper. Measure out the desired CBD Oil volume, using measurements on the side of the pipette dropper. Squeeze the oil underneath the tongue, this method is called “sublingual”. Hold for 30 seconds, and swallow.
- Unscrew the bottle dropper. Measure out the desired CBD Oil volume, using measurements on the side of the pipette dropper. Squeeze into food and drink. Warmer temperature foods and drinks will have an easier incorporation.
- Open your jar of CBD Wax dabs. You will notice a buttery and/or crumbly form of CBD, which is made for vaporization.
- TERPENE PEN:
- Begin by popping off the magnetic cap located at the bottom of the Terpene Pen. The battery will be heating up as soon as the cap comes off. BE CAREFUL! The coils at the bottom can be very hot.
- Lightly tap the bottom of the Terpene Pen (The Coils) to the wax inside the jar. This is the FEATHER-TOUCH METHOD. You do not need copious amounts of Wax to get an acceptable amount of CBD. A little goes along way!
- After about 2-4 seconds of tapping, pull the Terpene Pen away from the wax, and CONTINUE inhaling, the Terpene Pen will continue to vaporize even after touching the wax.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, and exhale.
- FOR A DABBING RIG:
- With a dabbing tool, take a small amount of CBD out of the jar. Wait until your nail is fully heated, and drop into the nail of the Dabbing Rig, as you would a recreational form of Wax Dabs.
- Inhale the vapor.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, and then exhale.
- TERPENE PEN:
Using your Terpene Pen is quite simple!
- Remove the magnetic cap located at the bottom of the Terpene Pen. The battery will begin heating the coils immediately. There is a sensor in the Terpene Pen that will detect an inhale occurring.
- Apply coils to Wax Dabs inside jar. You do not need to remove Wax Dabs from jar, it can be used while stationary in the jar.
- Inhale CBD vapor through the Terpene Pen, hold in lungs for a comfortable amount of time, and then exhale.
- Repeat as often as desired.
- Make sure to clean device REGULARLY, to prevent build up and burn out of your coils prematurely.
It could be that your Terpene Pen is clogged, or your coils need replacement. Please follow the cleaning instruction card that is included in each package with each Terpene Pen device. You can find Terpene Pen replacement coils in our shop!
Email us at SUPPORT@HIGHERLOVEWELLNESS.COM
CBD Topicals are a category of products designed to metabolize CBD supplements through the skin. We currently have two products under this category.
Our Shelf Life for our CBD Topicals is 3 years. Store in a dry environment away from heat sources, to prevent the breakdown of formula.
CBD COOLING RELIEF SALVE:
- Using your fingers, spread a thin layer of the salve on the area in a circular motion until absorbed. Our CBD balm is safe to use as needed throughout the day and night. Discontinue use if irritation develops.
- For topical use only, do not ingest.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN FREEZE CBD ROLL-ON GEL:
- Roll The Bottle’s top sphere back and forth to apply a thin, even layer to the skin until you have covered the desired area; usually, 3 or 4 passes are enough.
- For maximum relief, massage the gel into the area using circular motions. Test a small amount and apply more gel as needed.
- In addition, Rocky Mountain Freeze Cooling Gel can be used on hands/feet/exposed skin for aromatherapy benefits.
- Allow to dry.
- For topical use only, do not ingest.
Higher Love Pets:
No. These products are not considered dietary supplements by FDA and are not regulated as such. There are no over-the-counter FDA-approved CBD products for animals or humans; they are only available as over-the-counter unregulated products. Purchasing from brands that put their products through rigorous testing and quality-control will be your best option.
All mammalian species have an endocannabinoid system, including cats. They metabolize CBD faster; they may need more doses during the day than dogs.
- Oatmeal CBD Biscuits for DOGS:
- Full spectrum (Less than 0.3% THC)
- Please consult your pet’s veterinarian before use.
- Dosing Suggestions:
- Start with approximately 1mg per 10LB, split into AM and PM dose. Each HEART TREAT contains 4mg of CBD.
- Adjust as needed
- DOSING SUGGESTIONS CBD PET TINCTURES
- TWICE DAILY WITH FOOD FOR DOGS
- UP TO 25lbs – 1 ml
- 25-65lbs – 2 ml
- 65lbs and up – 4 ml
- TWICE DAILY WITH FOOD FOR cats
- 5-10lbs – 0.25 ml
- 10-15 lbs – 0.5 ml
- 15lbs and up – 0.75 ml
We currently ship to over 25+ Countries.
Please allow for up to 2 – 5 business days for your order to ship. Our warehouse ships orders Monday through Friday, from 8 AM-5 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) If you place an order after business hours or on the weekend, then it will ship up to 3 business days later.
When an email is entered incorrectly at check out, you will not receive a confirmation email containing your tracking details. Make sure to review your details before placing an order. Need A Tracking Number? Reach out to us at
If you are an international customer, there may be a chance you will be asked to clear a customs charge. The percentage varies depending on the type of goods and their country of origin. Duty is charged on:
- The price paid for the goods
- Any local sales taxes
- postage, packing and insurance